Friday, June 22, 2007

Backyard Wildlife Management

As a professional wildlife biologist with nearly 20 years of experience, I have learned a thing or two about backyard wildlife management. I have also observed backyard wildlife while taking photos of animals in my wildflower garden, from a blind I set up in my backyard to photograph birds, or from my open window. I'm starting this blog to teach you to manage your yard to attract wildlife, support backyard wildlife conservation, and support conservation efforts in general. You can have a positive impact on wildlife and conservation, even if it is in your yard and even if your "yard" is only a few pots of flowers, vines, shrubs, or trees. My experience is in the eastern U.S., so those interested in other parts of the country might wish to find a blog about wildlife in their location. However, some principles of backyard wildlife management are similar no matter where you are located. So, I will post information periodically and try to answer questions you may have about backyard wildlife management.

No comments: